By Mike Thayer
If you already season your salad, you're ahead of the game, but if you just put dressing on top of a pile of lettuce and maybe add some croutons, shame on you, you're missing out on some great flavors.
Salad is just like any other savory food, it needs some seasoning. A simple addition of a little salt and pepper can really enhance the salad eating experience. I like to put Cookies Flavor Enhancer on my rabbit food, but any seasoned salt will do. If you're not into salt, trying adding Mrs. Dash Original or one of their flavored seasonings like Garlic & Herb to your salad. Change things up once in awhile, if you don't feel like salt & pepper, try putting a little dried oregano, parsley flake and some Old Bay seasoning on that bowl of Romaine and veggies (Old Bay is a really nice compliment to a mayo based dressing!).
- Your favorite lettuce, be it Ice Berg, Romaine, Spring Mix, heck, mix 'em up!
- Carrots, rough chopped
- Five or six cherry tomatoes
- Five or six slices of cucumber
- One green onion, chopped
Simple Salad Dressing
- One Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 Tablespoon olive oil
- A couple dashes of dried oregano
- A couple dashes of Cookies Flavor Enhancer or Lowry's Seasoned Salt
Toss it all together and enjoy!